Description


Redrock Software Corporation is dedicated to provide the best tracking software for centers that serve and support students at institutions of higher education. With our Trac products, you will be better able to communicate with students, record sessions and attendance, schedule appointments, gather feedback, and provide reports. Our blog is designed to keep you informed of events, changes, features, and products. Let us know if there is a topic that you would like to see covered in the blog.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Trac Your Students above 10,000 Feet

I am writing this on Southwest Flight 1116 travelling home from the ATP Conference in Orlando, Florida. I am some 15,000+ feet over New Mexico and I marvel at how technological advancements enhance our Trac products. More airlines are offering WiFi hotspots as part of their in-flight service. With this service, I can work on the Redrock Wiki, answer Tech Support emails, send a Tweet, update Facebook, and write a Blog. It is truly wonderful for a techie-addict like myself.

While working away I realize the benefit this can offer to Trac system users. When I am asked what it means to be a Web-based product, this is the epitomy of being Web-based. I could be tutoring or advising above 10,000 feet and recording all of that information. If I was running late on a report for my director and running late for my flight, I can now jump on that plane first and send my report from the skies. If I am concerned about a consultant that called in sick, I can jump online and re-schedule those appointments with another consultant. The world is more connected and you can be more connected to your Trac system.

So, when I am next asked where a user can access their Trac system, I'll have to tell them the sky's the limit. Or is it?

David D. Booth
Director of Technical Support

No comments:

Post a Comment